T: +1 (441) 296-8315
Caleb joined ASW Law as an associated in 2023. Caleb’s practice at ASW Law includes general corporate and commercial advice, (re)insurance, financing, structuring and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining ASW Law, Caleb practiced in one of the largest law firms in South Africa. His portfolio includes private mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, divestitures, carve-outs, asset purchases and sales, joint ventures and commercial litigation. Caleb also has experience working on competition (anti-trust) law matters, including merger control, cartel and other prohibited practice investigations, exemption applications and competition law compliance and training.
- Advised one of the largest providers of cloud and carrier-neutral data centre, colocation and interconnection solutions in the world, in its acquisition of a majority shareholding in a South African-based colocation data centers and interconnection platforms provider for Africa. The deal value was approximately $1.7 billion.
- Advising a multinational financial services company, in the global payments business, in its acquisition of a minority investment in the African fintech business of one of one of the largest mobile telecommunications' companies in South Africa.
- Advising a South African state-owned entity, in the disposal of non-core assets. The state-owned entity provides turn-key solutions of defence equipment to its clients by designing, developing, integrating and supporting artillery, munitions, missiles, aero structures, aircraft maintenance, unmanned aerial vehicle systems and optical payloads based on high-end technology.
- Advised a leading diversified natural resources producer in Africa, with more than 75,000 employees globally at operations across four continents, in a number of internal restructurings.
- Advised a leading African development and private equity fund manager on the sale of a controlling shareholding in a Saudi Arabian based mining and metals company. The deal value was approximately $140 million.
- Advised one of South Africa’s largest retailers in its acquisition of retail and wholesale stores owned by one of its competitors. The deal value was approximately $90.5 million.