Gabor joined ASW Law in 2021, prior to which he practised law in England as a Barrister for four years.
Gabor’s practice covers the full spectrum of commercial litigation and arbitration, and related issues of private international law.
At ASW Law, Gabor has worked on:
- International (re)insurance arbitrations
- International contract disputes
- Jurisdiction challenges
- Anti-suit injunctions
- Bermuda insurance regulatory appeals
- Winding up petitions
- Employment matters
Before turning to law, Gabor had a 16-year career in investment management and investment banking.
In addition to English, Gabor is fluent in Hungarian. He speaks Spanish at an advanced level and French at an intermediate level.
- “Bermuda” in Comparative Guide to Insurance, Mondaq (2021)
- “Locating Direct Financial Damage: Jurisdiction in Matters Relating to Tort, Delict or Quasi-Delict Under Article 7(2) of EU Regulation 1215/2012”, LLM Dissertation, London School of Economics (2018)
- “English Law in the Financial Free Zones of the United Arab Emirates” (2017) 23 Trusts & Trustees 480; co-authored with David Russell QC
- Barrister, England and Wales (2015)
- Solicitor, Ireland (2020)
- Registered Associate, Bermuda (2021)
- AIDA Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society
- Bard College, BA Economics (1995)
- University of Cambridge, MPhil Economics (1999)
- The College of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law (2009)
- University of London, Birbeck College, LLM Law (2013)
- City University, Bar Professional Training Course (2015)
- London School of Economics, LLM Law (2018)
- Hungarian (bilingual), Spanish (advanced), French (intermediate)