T: +1 (441) 294-0137
Hanno joined ASW Law in 2015, prior to which he worked as a corporate solicitor in England for ten years with CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang, a leading onshore international law firm.
Hanno has experience of transactions across multiple industry sectors and jurisdictions. He has advised on many of the largest mergers and acquisitions in the Bermuda market in recent years. His practice has a particular focus on (re)insurance and regulatory matters.
Hanno is recommended by The Legal 500 for his contribution to (re)insurance, corporate and commercial work and regulatory and compliance issues. He is noted to be “extremely knowledgeable about insurance and M&A.” Hanno is also recognised and ranked (Band 3), in Chambers & Partners Global for Bermuda Insurance.
- Advising American International Group, Inc. on its US$3 billion sale of Validus Re to RennaisanceRe Holdings Ltd.
- Advising Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. on all Bermuda legal and regulatory aspects of its US$1.1 billion sale to Brookfield Reinsurance
- Advising on all Bermuda legal aspects of The Travelers Companies, Inc.’s strategic minority investment in Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited, alongside other investors Capital Z Partners and Further Global
- Advising Nippon Life Insurance Company on its US$1 billion investment in Resolution Life, the Bermuda headquartered and regulated global life insurance group
- Advising Apollo Global Management on its acquisition of Athene Holding Ltd
- Advising Covéa Cooperations on all Bermuda legal aspects of its proposed acquisition of PartnerRe Ltd from Exor
- Advising Liberty Mutual Group on all Bermuda legal aspects of its acquisition of Ironshore Inc.
- Advising American International Group Inc. on AIG’s acquisition of Validus Holdings, Ltd on the incorporation and licensing of Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd and subsequent sale of a majority stake in Fortitude Re to The Carlyle Group LP and T&D Holdings
- Advising XL Group on its sale to AXA SA
- Advising Intact Financial Corporation on its acquisition of OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd
- Advising Blackstone and CF Corporation on all Bermuda legal aspects of CF Corporation’s acquisition of Fidelity and Guaranty Life Insurance Company and Front Street Re Ltd
- Advising National Commercial Bank Jamaica on the acquisition of a majority stake in Clarien Bank