Nikhil’s practice at ASW Law includes general corporate and commercial advice, (re)insurance, financing, structuring and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining ASW Law, Nikhil was a Partner in the Johannesburg corporate department of the international law firm Eversheds Sutherland. His practice at Eversheds Sutherland included general corporate and commercial advice, private and public mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, telecommunications service and product transactions, regulatory applications and securities and exchange advice.
- Advising Sagicor Financial Company Ltd. on Bermuda aspects of its CAD$325m acquisition of Wilton Re (Canada) Limited
- Advised Macquarie Bank Limited on Bermuda aspects of its US$120m credit facility with Pipeline Investments Limited
- Advised Glencore International Investments Limited on Bermuda aspects of US$2.8bn capital reduction
- Advised CMB Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. on Bermuda aspects of its ~US$800m secured facility to Bermuda based borrowers
- Advised HSBC Bank plc on all Bermuda law aspects in relation to a facility guaranteed by a Bermuda entity
- Advised Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG on all Bermuda legal aspects in relation to its refinancing of a facility granted to a luxury retail mall in the United Kingdom
- Advised a multinational electrical supplier manufacturer, distributor and importer on its approx. $106 million multi-level group debt restructure
- Advised a South African metal producer, reseller and distributor on its approx. US$13 million debt refinancing with a major South African bank
- Attorney, South Africa (2014)
- Barrister & Attorney, Bermuda (2023)
- Notary Public, Bermuda (2023)
- University of the Witwatersrand, Bachelor of Laws (2011)