Sangheetaa joined ASW Law as a Senior Associate in 2022. Prior to joining ASW Law, Sangheetaa practised in one of the largest international law practices in South East Asia. Her portfolio includes public and private mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions, divestitures, carve-outs, asset purchases and sales, investments, joint ventures, foreign direct investments, regulatory and compliance matters, strategic alliances including strategic governmental consultancy. Sangheetaa is experienced in advising leading corporations on a full range of compliance and commercial issues, whilst supporting them in their complex, challenging and high-value commercial arrangements and projects. In her 8 years of practice, Sangheetaa has expanded her global expertise across diverse sectors and in various jurisdictions including Australia, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, India, China, Singapore and the UK.
Sangheetaa’s demonstration of a high degree of commercial awareness and understanding of her clients’ organizations, businesses, and industries led to her selection and successful client secondment at one of the world’s largest listed global companies headquartered in London.
- a leading Australian based rare earths company on its proposed acquisition of a rare earth processing plant in South East Asia valued at US$1.5 billion;
- a confidential government linked premier mixed development project in South East Asia valued at approximately US$6.7 billion in relation to acquisition of a port operating company;
- a UK multinational engineering company listed on the London Stock Exchange on the sale of its global flow control business to a leading global investment firm valued at GBP275 million;
- Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of interest in the sixth largest container terminal operator in the world.
- Barrister-at-Law, England and Wales (Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn) (2011)
- Advocate & Solicitor, Malaya (2014)
- University of Leeds, UK, LL.B Law (First Class Honours) (2010)
- University of Cambridge, UK, Master of Law, LL.M (2012)
- City Law School (previously known as Inns of Court School of Law), City University, London, Bar Professional Training Course (2011)
- French (working proficiency)